Monday, July 30, 2007

Fwd: Fire in My Bones: The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity

 
And this is from a charismatic!
 
[Newsletter]
The Deadly Virus of Celebrity Christianity
27 July 2007

Some bigheaded preachers demand rock star treatment. If the apostle Paul were around today he might throw rocks at them.
 
Just when I thought we charismatics had finally taken enough abuse from the egomaniac ministers in our midst, I've learned that some of our leaders are taking things to a new extreme. We've moved beyond the red carpets, limousines and entourages of the 1990s. A new strain of the celebrity virus is spreading in large segments of the church.
 
"What is this sickness spreading in the body of Christ? All I know is that God is grieved by all of this shameful carnality."
 
 

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

3 comments:

Shalene said...

I like the content of your blog Phd. :) I've also added you to my blog tipping page, because I think you have some valuable information to impart. God's blessings to you. And BTW I agree wholeheartedly with J. Lee Grady, and in fact had a post containing some Youtube Videos that illustrate just how far some of these charismatics have gone.

TMM said...

I agree with you in this post. It's sad how they blaspheme His name among those who do not believe our Lord.

I will get back to you once I'm more free. I am a bit busy with some exams. =)

Love,
Sidharth

Anonymous said...

Its a sad day when these so called preachers put a toll booth on a road that Jesus paid for with His life. Sadder still are those that follow them.